Monday, March 28, 2011

Construction - Week 3, Day 12 - March 28, 2011

Really starting to take shape!


View from Keeping Room onto Brier Patch No. 13 green




This evening we visited 100 Yorktown with our good friends the Balls.  Today, the framers continued their progress building the first floor walls.  Much progress was made today.  It is hard to believe we are just at the start of our third week. The 1st floor exterior walls are almost complete.  They also were able to start framing up interior walls to the master suite and downstairs bedroom/office.   Karen was very excited to see the size of her future walkin closet.  Still not sure if my clothes will be allowed in there.

We were excited for the Balls to visit.  I am sure this trip will be the first of many more for them to 100 Yorktown.  Perhaps, we can even recruit them to the Patch before it is all said and done.

Karen also was excited to hear from the folks in Hurricane that had the brick we like.  More on the brick in the next post.

I talked to OC Cluss about the windows today.  I was happy that we will be getting Low E-Argon filled windows.  Still trying to decide about those fairway facing windows.  I have a sense it will be a pay me now pay me later type of decision.

View from dining room - Interior framing is of closets and spare bedroom

View from Keeping room back onto Master Bedroom - The door cutout was supposed to be removed from plans

View of Great Room rear wall

View from the street



[I will add photos once they upload.  I got as many as I could this evening as my camera battery died]

No comments:

Post a Comment